On RIGHT IN DC today, I’m so excited that my guest is my good friend Andy McCarthy. I’m sure you’ve seen him all over the Internet. He is a senior fellow at the National Review Institute, he’s a contributing editor at National Review, he’s also a best-selling author and he’s a Fox News contributor.
You might not know this about him but he’s a former Chief Assistant US Attorney in the Southern District of New York and led the terrorism prosecution against the Blind Sheikh and 11 other jihadis that bombed the World Trade Center in 1993. I first came to know about Andy through his involvement in that prosecution and he’s written about it in Willful Blindness: A Memoir of the Jihad. I recommend that book for anyone who’s interested in the ongoing issues we have with the threats from radical Islam.
In my interview with Andy, we talk about:
- How he is able to produce such excellent, logical, evidence-based work as a writer
- The Robert Mueller team going to the judge saying the plea deal with Manafort is off but not giving reasons why
- LINK to his article: Evaluating Paul Manafort’s Alleged Violation of His Plea Agreement
- The allegations that Paul Manafort met with Julian Assange of Wikileaks
- Why the Mueller investigation has become a farce
- Difference between national security investigations and criminal investigations and why the two don’t mix
- The “Wall” in the FBI and DOJ
- The problems of conspiracy cases, evidence, why many things aren’t a felony, and final outcomes
- Mueller is investigating something that is not a crime
- What Mueller really wants
- Why there is no federal crime in talking to foreign nationals
- Will there be a damning report issued by Mueller which will result in impeachment hearings?
- When there is insufficient evidence for a case, why you don’t write an epic about why you decide to decline prosecuting
- Why it’s not Mueller’s job to decide whether or not Trump should be president
- The rule in the DOJ: if there is no crime then keep your mouth shut to protect the rights of the person under investigation
- Prosecutors trying to get the phone passcode of a student defendant in recent harassment case
- The 5th amendment, 4th amendment, and the government’s right to the information we carry on our phones
- Conservatives getting banned from social media for mentioning facts about sharia law
- Why social media companies are shooting themselves in the foot for policing content on their services
- What should President Trump look for in his next Attorney General?
Books by Andrew C. McCarthy
Encounter Broadsides Books:
Help support Gayle’s RIGHT IN DC Podcasts: www.patreon.com/gayletrotter